Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Tiaras and Bluebirds

This week my husband Mark took some much needed vacation time. Yesterday we decided to drive up to Ventura for lunch, and to shop in some of our favorite antique and JUNQUE shops.

We had lunch at one of our favorite places, Zoey's cafe. (Great Thai chicken salad)
After lunch we walked around Main St. to shop. We stopped into what I like to call a junktique shop. That's when I spotted the STAR Tiara!!
Amazingly I had seen one almost like it, the day before on Ebay. So me being the princess that I am, had to have it. My sweet husband was glad to get it for me. I thought it was a good deal at $15.00
We had a great afternoon of walking, talking and shopping.
When we got home, there was a little package waiting for me in the mailbox.
It was my very cute and glittery bluebird tags, that I ordered from Becca of Bluebird and Roses.
I was very excited to see them in person. They are really sweet. They have the most dainty pale blue ribbons.
So it was a good day.
Husband, lunch, tiara, tags, YAY!!!
Maybe tomorrow I should clean house wearing my tiara.
I guess now that I have 3 tiaras, I officially have a collection.
Have a great day!!!

















































15 comments:

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

I love your tiaras! I thought I was the only one who liked them, I have two! One on top of my mirrored bathroom cabinet, and one on my dining-room mantlepiece.
Sounds like you had a great day!!

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

What a lovely surprise to read your blog this morning and see my bluebird tags! I am so happy you are pleased with them!
The tiara is pretty...... when I was a little girl, I always wanted one (I thought I would be Miss America someday ;) I do have a toy one now, with pink frou-frou trim, that is hanging on my inspiration board in my studio area.
Oh, I love those kind of days like you had with your husband. My dh and I had just such a day on Saturday, when we went flea marketing together. Good times!
:)

Jen Kershner said...

Well, every princess must have a tiara. I'm so glad you found yourself such a lovely one!

KLKinFLA said...

What a nice day you had...love the tiara!

Genevieve said...

too love tiaras, and I have two sweet little reasons to stock up on them! HeHe! If you do not clean in your tiara tomorrow it will be real shame! How about a pink tutu? Now that would be some housekeeping in style!! Do you have a lot of open windows? You could be the talk of the neighborhood in your tutu and tiara with a feather duster!

sheila from life @ #17 said...

yes, 3 of anything and you have a collection :)

Southern Heart said...

The bluebird tags are quite pretty, and I love the tiara! Our local department store (now a Macy's) used to carry all sorts of tiaras when I was a young girl, and I often would ask my mother for them. I used to dress up in her party dresses from her teen years and my tiaras---I'm sure that I was Cinderella, or Miss America, or something. Nothing like a tiara to tap into your feminine side!

Have a fun weekend...

Andrea

tracy @mamacreates said...

Hi ~ this is the first time I've checked out your blog (via Jerusalem), but had to comment when I saw the Paris stamp set on your table. I knew I had to have them the first time I saw the Cavellini collection, and bought the postage set, the bird set, and the paris set.

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Oooooh...lovely tiara. Does it stay while cleaning the bathtub? Oh well, if not, just don't clean.

Sounds like a wonderful day.
Donna

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Aren't vintage tiara's expensive on eBay! I just can't get myself to bid. Let me know if wearing one makes cleaning more fun - I may just go for it then LOL!

Manuela

Nonnie said...

Definitely sounds like the start of a collection to me. I love the idea of wearing it to do the housework!

Boxwood Cottage said...

Congrats on your pretty new Tiara Rosemary! And I so want the Paris stamps of Cavallini I can spot in your picture!

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Love the tiara! Too cute.

And what lovely tags! Such artistic talent.

Hope you had a great weekend.

Kimberly :)

cammy said...

Oh Rosemary, it sounds like the perfect day and I love your new tiara!! Great find.

Nerissa Alford said...

oh, tiaras rule. I joined the tiara swap and saw that you commented that you just posted about them and I had to come take a look. Such a find and only $15!!
I have a tiara post, too in March of my blog. Come take a peek when you have a chance.
By the way, love your blog and the pictures you share.
Nerissa