Thursday, May 24, 2007

Back from Santa Barbara a Day Early!

Hello to all of my blog friends.
I am back from Santa Barbara, a day early.
I sort of had fun! It was one of those weird experiences that we all have sometimes.
My husband and I arrived late Tues. afternoon.
We checked in at the hotel (Not my choice) Fess Parker's Double Tree.
My husbands company choice. We decide to go to dinner on State St., in downtown Santa Barbara. Dinner was great, and the picture you see of the skylight, is the ceiling of the restaurant.
After dinner Mark and I walked around a bit, then went back to the hotel, so I could see the finale of Dancing with the Stars!!
That was practically the last time I saw my husband. (Well exaggerating a little)
His work meetings got changed, so that he would be scheduled every minute of the day and evening. No free time at all. So Wed., I went downtown to do the shopping thing. Here are a couple of examples of the shops. Very cute!! I went back to the hotel in the afternoon and did a lot of reading on my veranda, surrounded by trees and birds. I never saw my husband until 9:45 pm just at the end of the American Idol finale. (There seems to be a lot of finales going on)
He told me all about his frustrating, busy day. We went to sleep at about 11:30. We were awakened at 3:00am, with loudest most annoying sound. We had one of those adjoining type doors in our room. So the noise had to be coming from there, as well as obviously thin walls.
This guy was snoring so loud, that I could not go back to sleep, and neither could my husband. Now mind you, my husband snores a little, but this sounded like a GIANT snoring. So Mark said to me, let me take you home. I thought, are you crazy? But that's what we did. My sweet husband drove me all of the way home (remember, we only live an hour away).
This way I could be home, instead of spending most of the day and night by myself.
We got home at 5:00am and Mark turned right around and went back for another long day of meetings.
I on the other hand get to be at home. He will be home tomorrow afternoon.
So that is my Santa Barbara story.
One other note, the weather was foggy, cold and windy, so not exactly pool weather.
Ce st la vie!
Now I can get ready for a nice Memorial Day weekend with my family.
I hope you are all having a wonderful week.
I missed talking to all of you!

Isn't this a cute store??



A picture of my sweet husband Mark.

A picture of an old Santa Barbara fence.




I was also tagged for the second time, by Jerusalem at My Little Life. I have to come up with 7 more strange things about me.
Here goes, 1. I set the table for Thanksgiving 1-2 days ahead of time.
2. I take down decorations for a particular holiday either the night of or the day after
that holiday.
3. I can't go to sleep at night without turning on David Letterman.
4. I have to arrive early for everything. I hate when people are late.
5. If my husband is out of town, I have to sleep with the light on.
6. One of my favorite foods is french fries, but I haven't eaten any in 4 years.
7. I want to travel, but I am terrified of flying.
Now I am suppose to tag 7 more people. This was at random, so if you have already been tagged, I apologize.
Tracy at A Cottage Industry, Genevieve at Bella Enchanted, KLKINFLA at Jewel Box Chronicles, Mary at Oh Merci, Old Flowers For Me, Carol at Boxwood Cottage, and Meg at My Little Cottage. I hope I got that all right.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snoring through the wall?! Wow, now that's power.

It would have been kind of funny if you'd left some "Breathe Right" strips in front of the fellow's door. :-)

Hope your husband survives the meetings. He's doing to be exhausted at the end of it all. I used to have to work for tradeshows... They were some of the longest days of my life! :-)

Welcome back!
--Jenn

Cindy said...

You had me laughing out loud saying it sounded like a giant snoring! It must have been really loud to hear it through the walls.

Parisbreakfasts said...

I love that painted fresco ceiling..

PAT said...

The ceiling is beautiful and I love the little shop.

I'm sorry you didn't have a better time in Santa Barbara! Snoring!!

Pat
Back Porch Musings

Anonymous said...

What a loving husband to take you home. Home sweet home.

Anonymous said...

I stumbled onto your blog~ what fun! I'll be back!

Niesz Vintage Home said...

I loved the little shops and boutiques in Santa Barbara!

Your trip sounds alot like the week I spent in Seattle.

Hubby was there for business, all day meetings. I thought I could kill plenty of time by shopping and walking around downtown by myself, but it was cold windy and rainy all week. Miserable. Unfortately, coming back home to Ohio was NOT an option. LOL

Jen Kershner said...

It looks like a beautiful place!

Thank you so much for the recipe idea you left on my blog. I will be sure to try it!

Southern Heart said...

I'm sorry the trip wasn't just as you'd hoped (loud snoring, indeed!)---we had a terrible experinece at the Double Tree in West Palm Beach this past visit, too.

The shops are very cute and it looks like a pretty place, and your handsome DH was a sweetie to take you home. There's nothing like coming back home!

I hope that you have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! That ceiling is beautiful! What a very sweet and considerate husband you have! I'm sure you were glad to be home.

Manuela

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

hi! i didn't see a way to email you directly so i thought i'd just leave the info on your blog =) i was out yesterday with ashton treasure hunting and found a plaque that says "petite est la maison grand est notre coeur" (small house, big heart), which i just listed, and immediately thought of you =) debbie

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Oh No! A giant snoring! I married one of those!!! I've given up trying to be nice, and I just keep jabbing him till he stops (it works eventually)! heehee Happy Memorial Day!

KLKinFLA said...

Sorry your trip wasn't more peaceful...enjoy your holiday weekend!

Meg said...

Thanks for the tag. The trip to Santa Barbara sounds interesting. What a sweetheart your husband is. No wonder you love him so. Thanks for the pictures, that one home store looks like it would be fun to poke around in.

Have a great Memorial Weekend!