Monday, May 21, 2007

Santa Barbara Bound

I hope everyone in blogland had a wonderful weekend. I just wanted to let you all know, that I will be in Santa Barbara for a few days with my husband. It's actually business for him, and fun for me.
I am planning on relaxing, reading, walking, eating, and most of all shopping.
If you have never been, Santa Barbara is a beautiful place.
A lovely place on the Pacific Ocean, with quaint shops and restaurants. Beautiful hotels and recreation.
Our daughter Amanda actually went to college in Santa Barbara, UCSB. She met her fiance Joe there.
Tomorrow is her 26th birthday.
It's kind of funny that we are going to Santa Barbara, considering it is only about an hour from home. It is like another world though, very laid back and casual, yet elegant all at the same time.
I will take a lot of pictures, so I can show you when I get back on Friday.
I will catch up with you all then.
See you in a few days!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it'll be a fun and relaxing trip for you! I'll look forward to seeing the pictures.

Manuela

Cindy said...

I was hoping my son would go to UC Santa Barbara but he chose to go to UC Davis instead. I haven't been there in a long time but I remember it being very beautiful. Have fun!

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! Can't wait to see the pics!!!

Margo said...

I think I've been there. Isn't there a weekend art show right there on the sidewalk next to the beach. I think I went when I was 13 and I loved it.
I have family in Ojai.
Have fun.

KLKinFLA said...

Enjoy your trip...can't wait to see the pictures!

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

sounds like a little piece of heaven. enjoy your trip! debbie p.s. small world, it is my daughter's 26th birthday tomorrow too.

Southern Heart said...

I hope that you all have a safe, fun trip and a wonderful time...I've heard that it's beautiful there, and I can't wait to see your photos!

Andrea

Genevieve said...

I wish you a very pleasant get away! We will see you when you get back!

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing time!
And Happy Birthday to Amanda!!
:)

Anonymous said...

I live in SoCal, also.
I love Santa Barbara! I like to stay at the Santa Barbara Hotel on State Street. From there, I walk everywhere.

Barbara said...

Will look forward to the pics. Used to know someone who came from Santa Barbara. Have a great time.
Thanks for comments on my blog. I have fixed the comment problem now.

cammy said...

Have a wonderful time Rosemary. I look forward to seeing your photos when you return.

Clare and Mike said...

Hi, thank you for visiting mu blog! I hope you have wonderful time in Santa Barbara!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

Oh have a great trip!

By the way, your book graphic is gorgeous. Don't you just love those old pulp novels with the art nouveau covers?

--Jenn

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I just wanted to tell you that I have read this book too, it is a great one!!! I have since passed it on
to my friend and neighbor and she loved it as well.

Enjoy!!!
Lynell