Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Another Little Redo!






Hi all!!
Hope you are having a good week!
So, I'm sitting in my family room which looks out at my breakfast nook. I am staring at this cute corner cupboard that I have had for awhile now. It's cute, has lots of storage and fits perfectly in the corner of the breakfast room. The only problem was that the front of the cupboard door was blue. Bright French blue! It never really bugged me before, but as I sat there and stared at it, I really began to notice that nothing else in and around this cupboard was blue. In fact nothing in my house is really blue. I am sitting there thinking, why does this have to be blue? So I tore up some of my old French dictionary pages, antiqued them a bit and glued them on to the front of the door. Then the 3 blue glass knobs had to go of course. I was just going to replace them with some metal ones, until I walked into Anthropologie on Friday night!! Ooh, I see these really cool metal and ceramic knobs made to look like old clock faces. That was it, I had to buy them. I bought 2 of them, I get home and realize that I need 3 of them.(Crazy Girl) I don't know why I had it in my head that I needed only 2. I went back the next day and bought another one.
I think they look adorable. I love the small change in the cupboard, and now I am not staring at the blue door, just the cute knobs.
I really like it now, and I hope you do too!!
Have a great afternoon!
Chat soon.
Love,
Rosemary
PS, You gotta love the stuff at Anthropologie!!

16 comments:

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Hi Rosemary!
I LOVE it! Your little cupboard looks fabulous and you are right the knobs from Anthro add just the right eclectic and funky touch! I hope you have a great night! I've got tons of work to do so I have to run! Will chat again soon!
Take care, Laura :)

Simply Me Art said...

I Love this! Your like me, we are in our houses too much, we look and see things we need to change. You did a great job!Jamie

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

You are pure genius. I love, love, love the torn and worn French pages!!!!! You never cease to amaze me Rosemary! Yes, ma'am, come on down Saturday night and put on your best French perfume and wave a boa around for we shall open with rave reviews!!! I am nuts, I know! Anita

tara said...

Love the change, and I was thinking to myself before you said it those look like Anthropologie knobs!! He he! thanks for sharing, the pages and the knobs go well toegether~

Unknown said...

Your cabinet looks GREAT! Of course I'm a huge fan of old paper so it's very "me." If you have a Hobby Lobby in your area, they also have a great selection of knobs. In fact they had some knobs very similar to those, if not exactly the same. They're pretty notorious for shopping around, seeing what's hot and then knocking it off.

MJ Ornaments said...

What a clever idea Rosemary! I love Anthropologie, it's one of my favorite stores, and the knob is really cute. Take care, Martha

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

So cute!

I saw similar knobs at the Hobby Lobby we have here. They had those, and all other kinds, and now they are stocking doorknobs to match. The knobs were usually $3 to $4 each. A lot of it looks very vintage, like something at grandma's house waaay back when, you know, those peach-colored glass knobs and such.

I can't believe your creation! I can just imagine you staring at that BLUE and the wheels in your head turning and turning...LOL...too cute...

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Rosemary,

What a wonderful little cupboard you have created.
It is so good when something you do not really like gets turned into a great new look.

Hugs
Carolyn

Mrs.Kwitty said...

That is just adorable!! Isn't it wonderful how a few crafty changes can make such a difference? I just love those knobs--how cool are those!!!

Smiles, Karen

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your helpful comment!

Allidink said...

It looks great! Wow! Such a good idea with the dictionary pages! Love it!

All the best,
Allison

Anonymous said...

How beautiful!!! You did a great job on that cupboard.

If you get a chance, stop by my Blog for a visit and say hi! I put up a new post today of my pillow featured in Romantic Homes magazine.
Have a great day,
Aimee

Alison Gibbs said...

It looks wonderful

Rebecca Ramsey said...

LOVE that cupboard. Great job! I must investigate Anthropologie!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Very cute! Hobby Lobby has similar knobs in case anyone wants one but doesn't have an Anthropologie close by!

Manuela

LuLu Kellogg said...

This looks wonderful and I love the knob! Your taste is just impeccable!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Unknown said...

I love the knobs on that cabinet! So cute! :)