Monday, November 17, 2008

Waiting!!


Hi all!
Hope you had a great weekend.
I talked a bit before about an upcoming kitchen remodel. Nothing is happening yet I'm afraid. I am waiting as patiently as possible for the above sink. It's a beautiful Farmhouse sink by FRANKE. I was told 3-4 weeks, and I'm only on week 2.
You see, nothing can happen until the sink gets here. You have to have the sink in order to measure the counters etc. etc.
I think it will be worth the wait, as I have wanted a Farmhouse sink for a very long time. At least my kitchen won't be messed up for Thanksgiving. Maybe for Christmas, who knows? Only the sink gods know for sure.
So please send out some good sink vibes for me.
You know how it is when you want to start something.
More about the sink, it is fireclay. Each one is made and fired from clay in Switzerland. No black scratches!! Yay!! (It weighs a ton, and you have to have it built in to your cabinet).
The sink we are replacing is 26 years old, and won't come clean anymore. It's been scrubbed so often that I think layers of enamel have come off.
Anyway, I will let you know when this project starts. I will have pictures of the before and after. That's always fun.
I must get back to my glittering now. I am making some new French candy containers. A new paper project for me.
I will try to add them to my etsy shop.
Have a wonderful week.
Chat soon!
Love,
Rosemary

15 comments:

Rebecca Ramsey said...

I have always wanted a sink like that!!! I'm so envious!
Hang in there. It'll be worth the wait!
Becky

Linda said...

I love this style of sink...it's going to be great...hugs, Linda

Deb said...

I love farm sinks too - lucky you!!

Anonymous said...

I love farmhouse sinks and have always wished we had one put in when we built the house. I can hardly wait to see your redo begin, Rosemary. I am excited for you!

Simply Me Art said...

That sink will be well worth the Wait!! Love it can't wait to see Everything. Have a great week, Jamie

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

That is one sturdy sink. You know, in the long run, a big sink like that saves you money. You can do so much in it.

Unknown said...

Wow! A kitchen remodel! How fabulous is that! I hope we get to see pics when the sink gets installed.

MJ Ornaments said...

Great looking sink Rosemary. I remember the kitchen remodel at my parent's home seemed to take forever. Hang in there with the waiting.
Take care,
Martha

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Oh my!!! A new etsy store AND a remodel! Lucky you! =) I am off to see your treasures!

cherry said...

I am crying puddles of tears...I have coveted a farm sink for years now....alas....not yet. If someone deserves one though..it is you! THanks so much for coming by and leaving such a sweet note! cherry

Liz Harrell said...

Beautiful farmhouse sink... does that mean his name should be Frankie? :)

Anonymous said...

OOoooo, that is one fabulous sink! I'm envious. Can't wait to see what it looks like in your kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Do I hear Carly Simon singing "Anticipation"?
D.

Anonymous said...

i want a sink like that too! except the cheaper version that scratches and is made closer to home. i love it!!!

The Old Painted Cottage said...

I just know you are going to love your farmhouse sink as much as we love ours! I think you should have a sink party when it arrives. I'll bring the Comet!

oxox
Jennifer