Monday, November 24, 2008

A Busy Weekend!!






Hi all!
Hope you all had a fun weekend!!
Mine was sooooo busy, but fun!
Friday night started with the Ventura Ghost Tour. It was so interesting to find out not only about the ghost stories, but the history of Downtown Ventura.
The tour was given by Richard Senate. He is an authority on the paranormal and history in this area. He is a published author, teacher and he has even been on tv.Google him to find out more.
Saturday, we were busy with the usual Saturday errands, then a lovely dinner out with friends.
Sunday was the Ventura Flea Market. My husband and I went very early, then we met my friend, and blogging buddy Jamie. My husband left us girls to our own shopping time. Jamie and I had a ball as usual. We shopped and talked non stop!! After we shopped til we could shop no more, we all headed to Downtown Ventura for lunch at Nona's Courtyard Cafe. In the Bella Maggiore Hotel. One of the haunted sites on our tour Friday night! Lunch was delicious.
Dear sweet Jamie insisted on treating us to lunch even with our protests!!!! The girl is stubborn!!
She also presented me with the most lovely orchid plant for Thanksgiving.
Thank you sweet Jamie!!
In the pictures you can see my beautiful orchid, as well as some of my flea market finds. I got some old Christmas ornaments, a really great old mirror, old sheet music, and other misc items not pictured.
I'm sure you are all busy this week getting ready for the big T day on Thursday.
I will try to post another day this week. I have more to talk about, as I have received an award from another sweet blog friend.
Have a great Monday!!!
Chat again soon.
Love,
Rosemary

11 comments:

Mariella ;) said...

hello Rosemary your blog is awsome i liked all you have the flower in the pic is so pretty!
have a wonderful day!

Mariella

cammy said...

Your "new" old mirror is just stunning and those little reindeer are just too dang cute!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Cammy

Unknown said...

What fun! We used to have some cute little reindeer like that - great find! Have a lovely holiday week!

Simply Me Art said...

Your Too Kind! I Wish we could do that Every Weekend. Love, Love, Love that Mirror too..Have a Great week Creating..Jamie

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

So glad you had a wonderful day with your friend Jamie. May you have many, many more such days, dear lady.

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Hello roseMary,I love the old ornaments,Are you going to redo them or leave them be.I think the little deer are cute too.The flower is gorgeous.So are the christmas goodies below.I've been wanting to make those ,but never get around to them.They are so pretty,but i'm not the best with paper.
I want to wish you a very Happy thanksgiving.Hugs Marie Antionette

Tutti Chic said...

your ghost tour sounds fun! I would have been scared the whole time! LOL! Love the vintage ornaments here! :) chris

Liz Harrell said...

Sounds like so much fun! A ghost tour in November... you are just my favorite woman! :)

Susie Q said...

What a lot of fun you have been having! The ghost tour sounds like something I would love.
Your red cone (on ETSY) is calling me...I think I will see about it later this evening...IF it is still there! : )

LOVE that old mirror!

Love,
Sue

MJ Ornaments said...

Did you see any ghosts Rosemary? I stayed at the Bella Maggiore Hotel once. I think it's just beautiful. Great reindeer! Have a happy thanksgiving.
Take care,
Martha

Unknown said...

those little deer are so cute!