Sunday, October 24, 2010

rosespetitemaison meets mypetitemaison










Hi all!!
Back from a whirlwind vacation to Northern California!!
My husband and I traveled to Northern California for a little anniversary trip.
That is why I have been MIA from the blogs.
We had a wonderful time visiting family, and visiting new friends.
I will do another post about wine country soon.
This post is dedicated to all things fun and spooky.
I have been visiting Tracie's blog for quite some time now. We enjoy the same kinds of French flea market items, foods, movies, and all things spooky. So why not get together for the first time and go on a Sonoma Ghost tour. Our husbands were on board too. The first night we got up to the town Tracie lives in, we walked around the cutest town square, and took a short walk to meet Tracie and her husband Shane for dinner. Tracie and I hit it off right away and couldn't stop chatting long enough to even look at the menu. We are two peas in a pod for sure. Our husband's enjoyed chatting as well. We had a lovely meal together, and planned for the next day.
I had previously arranged a tour with Carla Heine of Sonoma Ghost Tours. You see, my husband and I like to watch Samantha Brown on the Travel Channel. We saw her take the tour and I was hooked. I told Tracie about it, and she is like me, we love spooky stuff, and Halloween. So we were to meet Carla in front of the Sonoma City Hall for our late afternoon tour. The city hall built in the 1800's was amazing.
In the photos, you see a few of the haunted places we visited. The big white house was a sea captain's home complete with the widows walk. Just like in The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. The no trespassing signs you see are on an old house that has been boarded up since the 1940's. Amazing, and spooky. Apparently the contents is all inside, right down to the china and silverware.
As you can see, from the photos, Tracie and I with Carla our tour guide. Tracie blond, me not blond. Carla in the middle, has lived in Sonoma her entire life and knows it and the history so well. If you ever get a chance take the tour. Just google Sonoma ghosts!
One photo is of the husbands and Carla. My husband on the left, Tracie's on the right.
After the 2 hour tour, we all had a wonderful dinner together.
Tracie and I hope to get together sometime again in the future. Meanwhile we will have to email and visit each others blogs.
Please visit my blog later in the week for more fun in Northern California.
I did a whole walk just snapping photos of old homes in Healdsburg California. It's like hooked on houses.
Enjoy your Sunday and the week ahead.
Had fun, but glad to be back home. I have so many new orders to fill for Christmas, if there are any elves out there, please show up at my house tomorrow.
Love,
Rosemary
PS, we celebrated our 34TH anniversary yesterday Oct 23rd.

13 comments:

Simply Me Art said...

Happy Anniversary, How Fun!! Looks like you ladies had a Great time. Good Luck with All the Order filling, don't inhale too much Glitter. XO jamie

LuLu Kellogg said...

How fun!! These pictures were great Rosemary! Glad you are back home safe and sound. You were missed!

LuLu~*xoxo

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Ooh a ghost tour! How cool is that!!
Looks like you had a great time and I love the photos. The old boarded up house is really mysterious. I wonder who lived there and why it's been boarded up?????

hugs
Sissie

Little Messy Missy said...

Great pics..I would have loved the ghost tour!!!

Draffin Bears said...

Happy Anniversary Rosemary to you and your husband.
Glad that you were able to get away for a little holiday and how neat that you were able to meet up with the lovely Tracie.
The photos of all the old houses are amazing and thanks for showing us.
Good luck with the orders.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

What a wonderful trip! can't wait to see more photo's!

~Michelle
http://faeriedustdreams-michelle.blogspot.com/

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

ROSEMARY! HOW I HAVE MISSED YOU, but you had a fabulous time!!!! I feel so bad; Tracie doesn't answer my comments, but she is so busy. I enjoyed her blog and it is so nice to see you both together! YOU LOOK WONDERFUL, BOTH OF YOU! You are back in the saddle, and it is so nice to hear you enjoyed yourself in such a beautiful part of California! Come around when you can. Anita

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Rosemary,
Hey, we miss you two here in town!
Your photos turned out great. I am still thinking about that wonderful tour with Carla, definitely a great time that went by way too fast.
Can't wait to see your house photos later in the week.

Good luck or bonne chance with all your orders. Chat with you soon, dear friend.
xoxo~Tracie

connie said...

how fun!!! love the picks... I just love stuff like this!!

MJ Ornaments said...

Looks like you had a great time Rosemary! Hope the ghosts didn't scare you too much. Take care, Martha

Jessica said...

I had no idea they had a ghost tour in Sonoma! What fun - I'll have to take the tour next time I am up there. Thank you for sharing the pics!

Kom Achterom said...

ooh what a beautiful place!
Wish you a happy weekend to!
Yolanda

Journal Swag said...

Just beautiful!