Sunday, September 26, 2010

Baby Jake's First Birthday or Pumpkin Extravaganza


















Hi all, hope you had a nice weekend.
We had baby Jake's first birthday party. It was a big hit except for the blazing hot weather, which always seems to happen when this family throws a party. Jake had a good time, and wasn't too overwhelmed with all of the people being there. He loved his cake!!!
My daughter and I worked very hard to make this a fun, and over the top party.
The party was held in my daughter's backyard, and it was a group effort to get that pumpkin patch put together. My husband put all of those hay bales in place for us so that we could get the pumpkin patch together the day before the party.
All of the little ones who attended Jake's party didn't really mind the heat. They just enjoyed the party and the pumpkin patch.
We have already started discussing ideas for Jake's second birthday. I know, we are crazy, but it's a lot of fun.
Have a great week!!
Chat again soon.
Love,
Rosemary

12 comments:

Karen Valentine said...

Jake is beyond cute!!! What a fun party it must have been!
xo,
Karen

Jackie said...

We had a great time! It was a great party, as always! The pumpkin patch was so cute!

Kom Achterom said...

ooh this is BIG PARTY!!
what a lovely boy!!
wishing you a happy evening
Yolanda

MJ Ornaments said...

Oh baby Jake Happy Birthday! I love the pumpkin patch and everything looks like so much fun. Yes, it's too hot, but I guess that's what we get for a cool summer. Take care, Martha

Jenny and Keith said...

What a party, Rosemary! You all outdid yourselves. What can I say, you and Amanda are "hot" party planners! ;-) We had a great time and loved all the decorations -- oh, and the pumpkin patch. So nice to see you all, too!

Simply Me Art said...

Oh my Gosh, this was a Party Directly out of a Magazine. Well, Like Mother like Daughter, Amazing. Jake is such a Doll, I saw some Pics on Facebook and he is too cute. You ladies honestly outdid yourselves. All those Pumpkins, Wow.. you need to send some pics to a few Party websites, really really creative. Are you Sweating to death??? Ugh, I guess Summer is here. Have a Wonderful week, XO Jamie

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Rosemary,

What a fabulous birthday party and love all the pumpkins everywhere.
This looks like so much fun and I bet all the little kids enjoyed themselves. Jake looks so cute, love his hair do ~ I used to do my sons like that.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Amanda said...

Thanks for all your help with the party mom! Jakey Jake had an awesome pumpkin party!!!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful party. I can tell that you worked hard and boy did it pay off! Everything looked so cute. Jake is a cutie pie and you can tell that he did indeed enjoy his cake. Too bad about the heat. It looked pretty and fallish though.

Anonymous said...

What a lucky little boy. My sister and nephew both have October birthdays and we always had so much fun with the Halloween themed parties.
I love what you did with the pumpkin patch and decorations- thanks for the inspiration!
Sabre' :)

Anonymous said...

Great party - thanks for the inspiration!
Sabre' :)

Lori said...

What a adorable and colorful party idea Rosemary! Love it! Lori