Thursday, August 5, 2010

An Unexpected Gift!






Hi all!!
Hope you are having a good week.
My back and neck are starting to feel better so that is a good thing.
I got an unexpected package in the mail yesterday from my friend Jean in Rhode Island. Jean went to Brimfield a couple of weeks back, and look what she got for me.
Surprise, a really pretty crown cast out of cement. I think it's awesome!! I love it!
Thank you Jean, you are such a thoughtful friend.
Jean told me in the note, that now I have something from Brimfield. I hope to get there sometime and check it out for myself.
Aren't unexpected presents fun? Along with this crown, I also got two tiny tiles with my initials on them, and 2 pair of vintage rhinestone earrings which I use in my crown making. Now if I could just get Jean on a plane to California for a visit, I would take her to the Rose Bowl. One of us needs to get on a plane, and we both hate to fly. Maybe a train!!
Hope you all have the nicest friends too!!
Have a great weekend!
Chat again soon.
Love,
Rosemary

14 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dear friend! I love it!!! ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! I went to Brimfield once while I lived in Mass., but it was so long ago, we were starving students and we had no funds to have fun....but what a prize you got! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND and I hope you feel completely 100%! Anita

Beatnheart said...

What a lovely surprise!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

How beatiful, Rosemary! Love the detail in this crown. What a nice friend Jean is! I hate to fly, too, so I know how you both feel. (Really, I have to take medication, I'm that bad).

Burlap Luxe said...

Wonderful surpise for a great lady...Rosemary you deserve it.

Jean what a doll baby you are for gifting such a piece of inspiration.

Rosemary I hate to fly as well! Eeeeh! gads! I really have to want to go somewhere bad to brave that plane flight!! I just hold my breath until it takes off :)
xx
Dore

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

That's darling crown, Rosemary. What a sweet thing for Jean to do and that it's a surprise is even better! Yes, one of you does need to get on a plane but I so understand. I have a friend in AZ and that's so close and I haven't made it over to see her for a very long time. I think the longer you wait, the harder it is to fly again.
xo~Tracie

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Rosemary,
I love your sweet crown. What a nice gift from your dear friend.

hugs
Sissie

tara said...

what a nice gift, I can't imagine the cost of shipping cement though! lol!! A perfect gift for you and i was just talking to a friend about Brimfield, she wants to go too!! do trains go that far from here? :)

FILIGREE MOON said...

Such a fun crown ~ a super sweet gift! And wouldn't it be nice if we could just don our fairy wings and flit to dreamy destinations? Thank you for your visit and sweet comment today! ~ Angela

MJ Ornaments said...

What a lovely gift! How did you hurt yourself? My neck kills too, so I've had to start lifting weights to strengthen myself. It really helps!
Take care,
Martha

Little Messy Missy said...

That is fabulous!!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Rosemary,

I love your new crown and what a sweet friend, to give you a lovely surprise.
Glad to hear that you are starting to feel better, take care and I hope that you will soon be feeling great.

Have a good weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosemary,
What a fabulous crown!! Lucky girl!
Hope your having a great week.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Aubrey Johnson said...

I absolutely love the crown made out of cement! It reminds me of something you would see in a french garden. Dont you just love friend who send sweet surprises in the mail!?!
Enjoy your new treasures,
Aubrey

Carole said...

That crown is darling...great detail too. Maybe the two of you could meet half way...that seems fair!
Have a grat weekend Rosemary!
xx
Carole