Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Neutral Fun








Hi all, and happy Tuesday.
I have been having a lot of fun lately with neutrals. Blacks, whites, creams and silver. Thought I would snap a few photos of what I call having fun.
Making up little vignettes using these neutrals. The picture of the Madonna and child is a candle that I made using this wonderful graphic.
In the photo of the silver dish with the butter knife, well let me tell you what fun that was. I got some new metal stamps so I could stamp on silverware. It takes some practice, and you sometimes get your fingers smashed by the hammer, but the outcome is pretty cool. I am just learning, and it's kind of tricky, but fun!!
I used to be into more reds, greens, yellows, but now I'm changing a bit. I love old and rusty, tarnished and worn.
This week I'm working on an old train case that I got from a flea market. I will show it to you when it's finished.
Hope you are all having some fun too!
Have a great week.
Chat again soon.
Love,
Rosemary

12 comments:

VS said...

I have always wanted to learn how to do the metal stamps on silver...I love that look. Your's is FABULOUS!!!! Would you ever think of doing a little tutorial on what products you use & how you do it??? I would so want to learn your technique. Oh friend, your photos are inspiring, I want to take the time to change my whole house & shop around now!
Big Smiles & Hugs,
Susie

BALLET NEWS said...

Beautiful - and I have the same q as vintagesusie

Debby said...

Everything looks awesome!
debby

tara said...

I have been going toward neutrals too Rosemary, I will always love color but some neutrals are good too! I love what you have done!
xo, Tara

Fete et Fleur said...

I adore the first photo! I have a passion for gray ribbon right now. Love your neutrals.

Nancy

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Gorgeous post Rosemary! I love the way you play! I recently found an old set of those metal stamps in an elderly neighbor's garage....haven't tried to use them yet though. I did buy some of those stamped pieces of silverware at Anthro to keep and to give as gifts....really love them...
Can't wait to see what you do!
Have fun!
:)

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Rosemary,

Love all your neutrals and makes a change from bright colours.
Your photos are fun and looks like you have been busy.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Anne Lorys said...

Looks wonderful!
I am loving that color palette right now, so dreamy. :-)

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Anne

My Vintage Treasures said...

All beautiful!!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Rosemary,

These hues are my favorite. Who needs color......O.K., maybe that is too drastic of a statement, but I so love these platinum colors and tones! UN COUP DE GÉNIE! (A stroke of genuis)!

BISOUS, Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh you dear, you...you went to Nowhere! PG TIPS IS THE BEST! Anita

Journal Swag said...

Oh my goodness, I have the same cabinet as your black and white scalloped one, mine is in pink though. Funny. Everyone loves it, but I don't know where I originally came from.