Saturday, November 28, 2009

Just A Glimpse





Hi All!!
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
We had a really fun time, but I was so busy cooking, and getting things ready, I didn't have much time for picture taking. I'm sure there will be more photos on my daughter's blog sometime soon.
Anyway, here is a peek at my table, and I can't even take credit for the centerpiece.
My sweet husband came on on Tuesday with this lovely centerpiece he had made for me in Santa Monica. I added the flag.
I used burlap over my tablecloth this year, and I loved the rustic look. I think I am going to reuse it for a tree skirt around my Christmas tree.
The pretty Thanksgiving card was made by my friend Jean in Rhode Island. She always does such a great job on her cards!! Thanks Jean!
We all ate way too much, but we had a great time with my family, and my brother's family. They stayed with us, and it gave me a chance to pretend I owned a bed and breakfast. Everyone needs some pampering now and again.
I just got back from a tiny little decorating shopping trip. I will start my Christmas decorations tomorrow.
By the way, baby Jake survived his first Thanksgiving. He had a lot of attention from his older cousins and Great Aunt and Great Uncle. We now call them Gruncle and Grant. Thanks to my mom for helping me with the stuffing and gravy. Thanks to my daughter and son in law for the pies. My daughter also made the cutest turkey cupcakes.
Have a great Saturday night, and a nice Sunday.
Chat again soon.
Love,
Rosemary

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Congratulations on a beautiful Thanksgiving! I am sure each of you enjoyed playing with Baby Jake.
Blessings and prayers, andrea

Unknown said...

Your table was beautiful!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Rosemary,

Your Thanksgiving table looks lovely and what a wonderful time you would have all had, gathered around.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

WOW, you guys do it up right!!!

I cannot believe your daughter felt perky enough to be cooking!!! I think having a baby just about did me in for 3 years...

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hey beautiful! Your table is divine and has Rosemary written all over it. It was a magical feast for the two of us with a Latino style/herbed turkey. I made a crème brûlée pumpkin pie and all was well with our souls (or at least our stomachs!)Do ya love the combination of French and Spanish food?

I can't wait to see what the heck you are going to do for Christmas. Ciao bella, Anita

MJ Ornaments said...

Your table looks so pretty, and glad you had such a great Thanksgiving. Take care, Martha

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hey there Rosemary! Thanks for coming on by! What wonderful things are you up to these 25 days before Christmas?? Have a great one...ANita

tara said...

Wow, your table looks amazing! i love the burlap table cloth and I too think I will use burlap around my tree...if I can find time to get to the fabric store! :) Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and baby Jake made it through ok!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

What a gorgeous table. I love the burlap. It sets such a nice mood!