Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Here We Go Again!!!


Many a blog post has been written on this subject. Here we go again. Inspiration!
Inspiring you to do a design like I do is one thing, but copying is another.
I am very unhappy today to see a couple of my designs copied. These are designs that I came up with all by myself in my own crazy head. If you would like to do one of my designs, please ask permission.
I know this has happened to others before, as I have read and sympathized with each of you. I know it is a form of flattery, but....
I can't tell you how weird it is to go to a blog, see a post with your very design, down to the vintage index card etc.
I am not going to rant on about this, but I just needed to talk to my blog buddies about it.
Thanks for listening!!
Have a great day!
Rosemary

8 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good for you. I hope people get the message. YOUR work is beautiful, Rosemary! Thanks for the lovely crown you made for me! Anita

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Rosemary,

Sorry that this has happened to you.
It makes you angry and surely people can come up with their own ideas.

Your work is beautiful ~ I do love the ballerina dolls as I remember having them as a small girl.

I hope that you have a happy day.
Hugs
Carolyn

Fete et Fleur said...

I'm so sorry this has happened to you.

Blessings!
Nancy

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Jeez.....this is so unfortunate....you are so talented and you would think they would ask first! I'm sorry you have to deal with this....Feel better soon...
Laura

Allidink said...

Aw Rosemary. Well I'm sure yours looks better!!! Thanks for the ideas for the server! I liked them all! Hadn't thought of a few of them.

All the best,
Allison

Old Glory Soldiers said...

Your creations are beautiful! I hate you must deal with your art being copied.

Have a Blessed Week,
Tina

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

A pox upon them!!! I've dealt with that myself. It's irritating, to say the least! Grrrr!

If I see any of them, I shall hit those sneaky copycats with my wooden spoon.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Oh that's too bad Rosemary! I hope you said something to that person!

Manuela