Sunday, May 2, 2010

Garden Views








Hello all, and happy Sunday!
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
I had to take some photos of my Cecile Bruner roses. I don't know if you remember a couple of years back, I bought a tiny little rose bush called a Cecile Bruner. I special ordered it, planted it, and the first year or so, it only got a few roses, and wasn't growing too fast. This year however, it's a different story, as you can see it's starting to drape it's way over the trellis. I'm very excited about this. These roses are a pretty pink, with a soft fragrance. They looks so sweet in a bud vase.
A couple of other shots of my garden that I thought looked pretty today too!
I also wanted to show you what I did with the rusty bucket I bought last week at the flea market. I hooked it onto the side of my wagon with a pot of double impatiens.
It's lovely weather here in Southern California today. Perfect for gardening!
Getting ready to go to our daughter's house for dinner, and to play with baby Jake of course.
Have a wonderful week!! Mother's Day is upon us. It will be my daughter's first official Mother's Day!!
Chat again soon.
Love,
Rosemary

18 comments:

Simply Me Art said...

Your Yard looks Beautiful. Autumn and I were just pruning my Roses. It is a Simply Gorgeous Day isn't it? XO Jamie

LuLu Kellogg said...

Beautiful pictures Rosemary!

It's lovely here too.....we opened our pool today so I am a happy camper!

LuLu♥

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Rosemary,

Your garden is so pretty and thanks for showing us around.
Cecil Brunner is such a gorgeous pink rose, I especially love the little buds.
I hope that you enjoy dinner at your daughters and playing with baby Jake.
How exciting ~ the first Mother's day for your daughter.

happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

chicroses said...

Love the rose. My dh isnt to crazy about climbing roses...so dont think well have any..grr. But we did plant 6 new rose bushs. We just moved to this house a yr ago..so have lots of landscaping to do..love your bucket..I always enjoy reading what you have been up to. Neat patio...sally

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosemary,
Your garden is so beautiful!!! You did an amazing job. I especially love the wheelbarrow!
Have a great week.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Beatnheart said...

I have the Cecile Brunner over a trellis over our driveway...Here in California it is now growing Madly!! We have to cut it back about 5 times a years...this year its at its best...I love it..

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Only you dearest can make any garden have a special VINTAGE FRENCH CRAFTY look to it! I love it and I so wish I could SEE your garden, and YOU!!!!

I am going to CA in June, but nowhere near where you live :(

Have a fabulous day! Anita

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

I think I see a pretty blue flower we called "corn flower" when I was young...I know that isn't its right name, though. The rose looks great. Guess it was building up its roots all that time.

tara said...

Your garden is just lovely!! we just picked up some flagstone to go in our yard!! we got it off Craigslist for a great deal, so now we just have to find the time to do the project! thanks again for the information....and yes the weather is perfect!

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Rosemary,

How pretty your yard looks . . lots work. I love gardening too, just being outside is nice, so much better than housework. Have a nice evening!
Sandy :O)

Maija said...

Your garden is beautiful Rosemary!! Come be my friend on my blog and enter a giveaway!
www.maigirlz.typepad.com

MJ Ornaments said...

Everything looks so lovely Rosemary, and I bet your rose went wild because of the rain we've had. Have a Happy Mother's Day! Take care, Martha

Elyse said...

greetings, rosemary,

what a BEAUTIFUL post. am completely swooning.

xo
elyse

Fete et Fleur said...

Cecile Bruner is one of my favorite roses. I only wish it bloomed longer!

Nancy

Tutti Chic said...

Beautiful! Those roses are just amazing! Happy mothers day to the first tom mommy-my daughter's first mothers day also! :) chris

BALLET NEWS said...

Beautiful photos !

Burlap Luxe said...

Hello Rosemary,
Thank you for stopping by...I love the Jardin Cart in the Jardin,
Beautifuly Euro chic, I want to take it over to my place :)

See you soon Happy Mothers day!!

Dore

Burlap Luxe said...

oooop's
I forgot to mention I have added you to my inspiration blog roll :)

Love it over here.

Dore