Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Headboard In Place!

Hi all!! The new/old mantel is finally in place behind our bed. It took some work, more than expected of course. I cleaned it with warm water and tsp. Then I used this wax called Fiddes and Sons. You put it on with a cloth let dry then buff. It sure made a difference, it brought out the color of the paint and made it a bit shiney!!
My husband added some wood and brackets to the bottom of the piece as to raise it up a bit.  At first he just added the brackets but soon found out wood was needed as well. So after all of that we got it in place, and I really like the look. Of course if and when I decide to paint the walls we will have to move it. HaHa :0
I am going to start including the prices and places I found my pieces for you. This piece was found at the Rose Bowl Flea Market, it was $200 it is over 100 years old! The wax was about $16 and the brackets a few dollars.
Have a wonderful week, and I hope to be posting some new finds soon.
XO,
Rosemary

8 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

This is so beautiful. I also love the pillows.

hugs
Sissie

Tutti Chic said...

what a beautiful headboard! the bed looks yummy :) chris

Carole said...

It look incredible. Hey nothing about the fab pillows?? haha

x
Carole

Kelly said...

I LOVE the pillows too. I'm in the market for some like that. Where did you get those?

Anne Lorys said...

I am so jealous!!!!
Just beautiful!

XOXO,
Anne

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Oh, its beautiful! What an amazing color. And the word DREAM hanging above is just perfect.

I had to take down my mantel headboard when we moved last spring...no way I was leaving it behind.
I haven't found a spot for it at the new house yet, since our bed had to be positioned under a window, here. But I hope to use it as a headboard again, maybe in the guest room. :-)

Kimberly

living room furniture said...

Hello
I loved this blog post, You are very talented & This website is really worth to be checking
Thank You

Susie Q said...

Oh how I love the color! I have an old mantle and have thought about doing this! Those pillows are gorgeous and the perfect thing for that lovely bed!
I am so sorry I have been such a bad blogging friend! Even when I get around I don't always leave comments. I apologize for that! Have a sweet Labor Day Weekend!
Love,
Sue