Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Neutral Fun








Hi all, and happy Tuesday.
I have been having a lot of fun lately with neutrals. Blacks, whites, creams and silver. Thought I would snap a few photos of what I call having fun.
Making up little vignettes using these neutrals. The picture of the Madonna and child is a candle that I made using this wonderful graphic.
In the photo of the silver dish with the butter knife, well let me tell you what fun that was. I got some new metal stamps so I could stamp on silverware. It takes some practice, and you sometimes get your fingers smashed by the hammer, but the outcome is pretty cool. I am just learning, and it's kind of tricky, but fun!!
I used to be into more reds, greens, yellows, but now I'm changing a bit. I love old and rusty, tarnished and worn.
This week I'm working on an old train case that I got from a flea market. I will show it to you when it's finished.
Hope you are all having some fun too!
Have a great week.
Chat again soon.
Love,
Rosemary

13 comments:

vintagesusie said...

I have always wanted to learn how to do the metal stamps on silver...I love that look. Your's is FABULOUS!!!! Would you ever think of doing a little tutorial on what products you use & how you do it??? I would so want to learn your technique. Oh friend, your photos are inspiring, I want to take the time to change my whole house & shop around now!
Big Smiles & Hugs,
Susie

Elise said...

Beautiful - and I have the same q as vintagesusie

Debby said...

Everything looks awesome!
debby

tara said...

I have been going toward neutrals too Rosemary, I will always love color but some neutrals are good too! I love what you have done!
xo, Tara

Fete et Fleur said...

I adore the first photo! I have a passion for gray ribbon right now. Love your neutrals.

Nancy

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Gorgeous post Rosemary! I love the way you play! I recently found an old set of those metal stamps in an elderly neighbor's garage....haven't tried to use them yet though. I did buy some of those stamped pieces of silverware at Anthro to keep and to give as gifts....really love them...
Can't wait to see what you do!
Have fun!
:)

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Rosemary,

Love all your neutrals and makes a change from bright colours.
Your photos are fun and looks like you have been busy.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

Looks wonderful!
I am loving that color palette right now, so dreamy. :-)

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Anne

My Vintage Treasures said...

All beautiful!!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Rosemary,

These hues are my favorite. Who needs color......O.K., maybe that is too drastic of a statement, but I so love these platinum colors and tones! UN COUP DE G√ČNIE! (A stroke of genuis)!

BISOUS, Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh you dear, you...you went to Nowhere! PG TIPS IS THE BEST! Anita

Storybook Woods said...

Sighhhhhh, I always love seeing your home. So lovely xoxo Clarice
ps. love your music on your blog, soo true ;-)

Halo Hill said...

Oh my goodness, I have the same cabinet as your black and white scalloped one, mine is in pink though. Funny. Everyone loves it, but I don't know where I originally came from.